We give you our Full attention so that you get the results you deserve.
Photo of Theresa Gilbert and Haley Damron
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  » Employer Denied Treatment

Were You Denied Medical Treatment After An Injury?

If you were hurt on the job and reported the injury to your supervisor, you have the right to swift medical treatment. Some injuries may be treated at the job site, such as small lacerations. Others require a trip to the emergency room for further care from a professional medical staff.

If you are denied medical treatment, it may be because your employer is not carrying workers’ compensation insurance. This is against the law and you have the responsibility to report your employer to authorities. At Gilbert Law Group PLLC, we have an attorney who is listed in the Super Lawyers list. We focus on our clients, giving them individualized attention and full accessibility to our firm.

Contact Gilbert Law Group PLLC by using our online contact form or calling 859-908-1274. There is always someone available to answer the phone during business hours.

Were You Denied A Workers’ Compensation Claim?

Sometimes, a company may reject your workers’ compensation claim. When this is the case, our Lexington workers’ compensation attorney may be able to help you with an appeal.

You may be denied a claim if:

  • You filed the claim too late
  • Your employer disputed the claim
  • Your employer or the insurance carrier believes that your injury happened outside of work

Your employer has the right to challenge your claim if he or she believes that you caused your injury. For example, if you were intoxicated when the accident occurred, the employer can deny your request.

What About Occupational Diseases?

If you are diagnosed with an illness that is directly related to your job, make sure to file your workers’ compensation claim as soon as possible. Examples of occupational diseases include carpal tunnel due to repetitive motion, cancer due to asbestos exposure or respiratory illnesses due to chemical exposure.

Filing Your Workers’ Compensation Claim The Right Way

A workers’ compensation claim involves a lot of paperwork. Depending on your injury, you will need to file a specific form. There is one for work injuries, one for occupational diseases, and one specifically for injuries related to hearing loss. You will also want to include an employment history form, a medical history form, a medical treatment consent waiver and a Social Security release form.

Our experienced team can help you to collect all necessary information and write a report that best represents your case. We know that these forms could mean the difference between complete coverage and claim denial. If you work at the University of Kentucky, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Lockheed Martin, Trane Lexington or another company based in Lexington, give us a call.

Our Lexington workers’ compensation attorneys are available to assist you. Contact us by using our online contact form or calling 859-908-1274.