I Need Treatment After A Workers’ Compensation Injury, What Should I Do?

I Need Treatment After A Workers’ Compensation Injury, What Should I Do?

In the widely-celebrated 1990 film, “Home Alone”, the movie’s villains, a pair of thieves known by the self-given moniker, ‘The Wet Bandits’ (portrayed by Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern), suffer more on-the-job injuries than nearly any other duo in movie history. Falls, spills, paint cans to the head, unforgiving bb guns and many other snafus turn their attempt to rob a suburban Chicago home into a comedic spectacle.

The Reality Of On-The-Job Accidents

The reality is, on-the-job accidents or injuries aren’t a laughing matter. Many can result in lingering injuries or ailments and in many cases, do not get adequately compensated. If you’ve suffered from an on-the-job accident involving an injury, there are several things you can do to ensure that you are compensated appropriately.

Report It

First, make sure you report the incident and injury IMMEDIATELY to your employer. This is not a good suggestion – it’s the law. Even if you only think you may have sustained an injury, report it right away. Failing to do so may affect your ability to receive accurate compensation.

Get Counsel

Second, we recommend that you talk with a legal representative as soon as possible so that you can get advice on how to get the benefits you need and deserve.

Write It Down

Third, document the progress of resolving your injury claim. Keep a written record of dates and who you spoke with when notifying your company of the incident. This will help bring clarity and expedite the process.

Remember, the team at Denney, Morgan, Rather & Gilbert, LLC is well-equipped to handle your worker’s compensation claim. Let us remove the hassle of dealing with insurance adjustors and ensure that you are receiving the benefits that you need and deserve. As always, we offer free consultations and we don’t get paid unless you get paid, so contact us toll-free by phone at 1-866-249-9929 or online here.